Monday, December 19, 2011

Before I leave, a moment at the pool

Tomorrow we'll be heading back to Seattle. Well, all of us except Aimee. She has to stay a few more days for autopsy and then transfer to a funeral home. That gives me a day or two to figure out what arangements I need to make. But I have to admit, I absolutely hate leaving here without her. There's a part of me that doesn't feel right going home without her.

I've done most of my packing, and I'll finish in the morning. But a short while ago I took a break a walked out by the pool behind the house. We had spent a lot of time there during our vacation, and Saturday (the day before the accident) was especially fun. Aimee had bought Rowan an inflatable dolphin she could ride in the water. For whatever reason, her brother Justin thought he'd give it a try. The results of his spectacular failure were hilarious. Determined to show him up, Aimee climbed on and actually stayed on pretty well. Well, until I came along and knocked her off. The whole week was filled with that joyous laughter and fun.

Until today. No one played at the pool today. No laughter. Just silence.

But the good time won't be forgotten. You see, Aimee and I took turns videotaping some of them on Saturday. And I will hold on to those video clips until some day I have the strength to watch them, and show them to Rowan.

Oh, I guess, I do have one other thing. I'm anxious to leave this place, but at the same time I am apprehensive about going home. Filled with so many memories, photos, smells, clothes, personal effects, I am sure that I am going to break down when I walk in the door. But at least it'll be late at night, where I can go in, put Rowan down, and crash.

8 comments:

  1. We will be praying for strength for you as you make your way home. We are here to help with ANYTHING. I'm not working, so I'm always here with the kids 253 332 6435.
    Nikki O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be strength when you need it. You can depend on God. Lean toward Him.
    Sending love
    Bubut

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can take solace in knowing that you are only leaving without her body. I have no doubt that Aimee is with you now in spirit, and will be with you along every step of your journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I am so sorry. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, I am in complete total shock as you must still be. Aimee and you are the sweetest people I have ever met, and I will never ever forget how much you cared about what I was going through; your uplifting words, your prayers, and your eagerness to help me in any way you could. What you and Aimee did for me that Wednesday night at CCS when I was in need and the Lord pressed upon your precious hearts in selfless service to the Lord to help me. The big smile Aimee had on her face as she gave me that precious gift that not only changed my circumstances, but most importantly she and you helped my faith be raised to a much higher level, and I will forever be grateful for that. My heart is breaking for you and your family. We don't always know God's plan, but we must know that something good will come from this tragedy. How Aimee represented the heart of Jesus through her loving, giving, caring heart of service will forever be etched in my heart, and has inspired me to want to be a better Christian woman. I can't wait to see her again in Heaven. I love you in Christ, Barbara Tippen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her smile leaves behind so many memories. My prayer is that through the pain & hard times, God will comfort you & your family with the good times of Aimee's love & laughter.
    Through her love & care may Aimee....
    A - always
    I - ignite
    M - memories of
    E - encouragement &
    E - enlightenment

    As my heart cries, may your heart Pat be encouraged & may the enlightenment of Aimee's new home always keep precious love & enlightenment in your home.
    IJN! I pray

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are no words to express how sorry I am for what has happened. Aimee was the most pleasent, beautiful, respectful, and amazing person. There always seemed to be a light and glow that followed her everywhere. Although she has passed on, I know her beauty and beautiful eyes will live on through Rowan. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Aimee will definately be missed. Stephanie Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aimee was an amazing person with a beautiful, contagious smile......liked/loved by everyone she had contact with, she will be sadly missed by everyone who knew and loved her.

    ReplyDelete